9 Things About Hannah
- David and I met December 2008 and were married October 2009. Incidentally, we were at the same junior high conference as 7th and 8th graders and never even knew it until our paths crossed for the first time (or is it again?) much later in life.
- I never know how to answer the question, “Where are you from?” I don’t know what to say. What part of my life do I hold ownership of being from? There are lots I could choose from.
- I’m dyslexic which I’d never change that about myself but please don’t ask me to play scrabble or do math in my head or properly tell time or spell things correctly on my own (or even with the help of a spell checker!). Oddly enough though, I am a writer.
- I’m a twin. Just kidding – I am not a twin. But when I was young I learned that if I had been a boy my name would have been Zachary Earnest and I loved that and sometimes imagined I had a twin brother named Zac. Then I grew up, got married and had kiddos. My first born is Zachary, never Zac. And not to be left out; then came Declan and then Imani.
- I really do not like to eat meat off the bone because then I imagine that it was actually at one point a real animal and then, well, gag.
- Family is extremely important to me and I am blessed to live in a desert that has surprisingly beckoned my whole family to gather here.
- I always have a tube of Burt’s Bees original chapstick in my pocket.
- I like to name things. People, pets, inanimate objects. I am not sorry about this.
- I have no idea what I would do without Jesus. I think I would often not even bother getting out of bed. There are times I forget about him and forge ahead on my own to be sure. But I am continually learning every day to surrender my life to him and am forever thankful that I don’t have to figure out any of this life without him. I am paper and He is endless pen.